Hi Everyone,
It's been a long time since I posted anything. I could say I have been too busy. But, that wouldn't be true. I had a few moments I could have sit down and wrote something. My real reason was, I couldn't think of anything to say. I want to be an uplift to my sisters. Sure, I could talk about how bad the past month has been, but, you know, there are those in much worse shape then me. So, after our last monthly sister's meeting, I got thinking about how I wished I had used my youth better. Especially, my spiritual life with Ralphie. If I could give any advice to my younger married sisters, is to walk hand in hand with your husband in the faith. Work together, stand together, pray together, walk together and yes even fast together if necessary. Don't waste your time or God's time pulling against one another. I miss my life with Ralphie. Our last 5 years were the best. We finally figured out how to truly walk for God as a married couple. It was wonderful. I often think back about how much good we could have done for God if we would have gotten our act in gear sooner. Talk about "Wasted Years"! But, I am thankful for those last 5 years. I'm thankful that Ralphie was as dedicated as he was when he went to sleep in the Lord. I have confidence that he is actually asleep in peace and rest. Waiting for God to tell His son, it's time. To my young unmarried sisters. BE PICKY!! This is for the rest of your life. If it is God's will that you marry, He will lead you to the mate he has chosen.
Thanks for your prayers for the young man who was burned and is paralyzed. He has had several skin graphs. His family is keeping an online journal of his days. He is keeping a good frame of mind. He is improving with his burns and mobility. I guess the next big hurdle is surgery for his spinal injury. They've not said much about that since the main emphasis is on the burns for right now.
Talk to you'all later!!
Love,
Momma Lou aka Sis. Frankie




5 comments:
I always love to hear about you and Ralph. It bings me such joy. Thank you for your words it makes you stop and think about things.
It is that time of year that things start to feel heaviest for your family. My mind is brought to wondering if there was a purpose for it happening in the fall. Autumn feels like our shortest season around here, so the reminding atmosphere doesn't linger..and it's such a beautiful season. It's nearly impossible not to enjoy the weather and the changes around us with the trees and the beauty that God shows us. It's comforting to look around us and see the evidence of His presence. To feel Him and to be reminded He is with us and we are NEVER alone. I thank God that He allowed me that time with Ralph in my life. The two of you together was a testiment to me of how my marriage should be. You are a beautiful example..with your marraige and time with him, and still now as you continue on with your walk in this life. I love you sooooo much. so very much. I know you've had a lot going on and figured why you haven't written. Seeing you on here was a comfort to me because I felt that maybe it meant you were feeling stronger. I will be praying for you. I love you.
Thankful to hear from you. What wonderful advise to cherish our blessings. As my children begin to move out and make their own way in this Faith, I've thought so much about the blessing My hubby has been to me all these years. My whole life changed the day I met him. I fell in love with him, his God and his church at the same time. But there were many days when I was a young Sister that I was so consumed with making a home and caring for my little ones that my dear hubby kind-of got lost in the shuffle. Thank you for the gentle reminder that the time we have together is short. I'm so thankful for the blessing of a God-given faithful husband to walk with
Thank you for the good advice. I am thankful for the time that I got to have Ralph and you both in my life. The time that Johnny and I were friends and them married I truly got to see you guys walk in the Lord and it was beautiful. I am thankful that God allowed you that and me the oppurtunity to witness it. I know that it has made our marriage stronger!! And I am praying that the Lord will lead you through this time in your life.
It sounds like we have had a very similar month. It has been a terrible month for us, and we know others have it worse than us, but it is still hard. Also, I haven't had a lot to say on here as well. When trials come my way, it brings me down quite a bit. I'm so glad that you had a good 5 years with your husband. I'm so sorry again for your loss. I have been married for 9 1/2 years and we've only been happy the last year, so we have a few wasted years also. But at least we are happy now, and can hopefully continue to grow spiritually, and stay happy. Love and prayers :)
Post a Comment