Hello Everyone
Oh my, it has been two and half months since I last wrote anything. Where has the time gone?? No excuses, I guess pure laziness on my part. I've been working a lot. Had some problems with my teeth. I had to have two pulled and in front of all things. Both just up and decided to become abscessed. There was no way to save them even with root canals. So, I'm toothless on both corners of my month. But, hopefully my partials will be in soon. Then I can smile again without worry. God blessed me all winter long without getting sick. But as soon as the weather started warming up here, my allergies kicked in and it hit me with a vengeance. But, thank God, I feel better. I've done some cakes. Here are pictures:
This is the famous duck cake. I do not like doing this critter. But it seems everyone wants it for baby showers. This one was for a baby girl. It's the first time I've added a ribbon.
I like this cake. They had the little guy's birthday party at a firehouse. So, I made it the theme for the cake. You can't really see it very good, but it has two fire fighters on it with a fire truck on top. I made the ladders out of royal icing and piped the water hoses from a fire hydrant that I made with buttercream. Those are flames that come up from the bottom of each tier.
This is a very cute cake for a 3 year old. Her mother is an art teacher and designed it. I told her she needed to design my cakes. Simple royal icing daisies and leaves. Everything else is buttercream. Today was a great day. The smallest things bring me pleasure and joy. Today I saw some green in the trees and bushes. I even saw a bush bloomed out. I saw a tulip tree starting to bloom. I was so excited. I hadn't notice the green until today. I usually have an eagle eye out for just a small hint of green. But this year, it snuck up on me. I love the spring time. I look at it as a rebirth time; color, beauty and the end of cabin fever. And spring break is almost here!!! yeah!! Plus I got to spend some time with all of my grandbabies. We went to the park and took a hike and then played on the playground. Then we went and played some basketball. Well, Johnny and the kids did. I just watched! You might remember me in your prayers, I plan on going down to Kentucky to visit with brethren next weekend and then on down to Sis. Jana's in Florida. I really want a relaxing time, but I also want to be an uplift to Sis. Jana and Bro. Tim. Talk to ya all later!!
5 comments:
Wow, Those cakes are beautiful. I can't even imagine doing something like that. What a wonderful gift you have. I love the feel of spring too. There's a few spots around here that are showing signs of spring, makes me want to go get some flowers & get them planted all around the house.
You are so talented! I love all your cakes so much. I hope you have a wonderful time with the brethren in Kentucky and that your able to uplift Sis.Jana and Bro.Tim.
It has been a really long time since you posted. And I love springtime too. And you have a talent with those cakes.
Well they were pretty cakes after you got the mess all cleaned up...lol!! You do, do a wonderful job on cakes though. I think it's time you do another carrot cake....yummmm!!
What a talent the Lord has given you, the cakes are beautiful. Wish you lived here, my daughter has wanted to learn how to do that for so long and has bought many books on it but there's nothing like someone who knowing hands to guide your way. I love what you said about "The smallest things bringing you great pleasure" I need to have that heart today and it was a good reminder of how to be.
Post a Comment