Monday, April 6, 2009

We're Back

Hi Everyone, We're back and we had a wonderful time. We first went to Kentucky to visit with the brethren there. As always, an uplift. The weather was good. I saw the devastation caused by the ice storm they had this past winter. Here is a picture of what the trees looks like.

We had a wonderful meeting Sunday morning. Good preaching, good singing, good everything!!! On Monday morning we pulled out and headed for Gatlinburg, Tennessee. The mountains are just awesome. What amazed me was the land seemed somewhat flat then in the foreground you could see these huge mountains sticking up. We walked around Gatlinburg for about an hour or two then we started driving up Old Smoky. We stopped several times to get out and take pictures of the mountain streams and the view. Bee- U - Tee - ful. Even though there wasn't much green to the trees, it was still breath taking. Here some pictures to share.




I did learn one thing. I don't know how to drive down a mountain on a country road. Yep, I rode my brakes. We were about half way down, when I started smelling my brakes. We pulled over and they were even smoking. I was so scared. I couldn't get a signal for my cell phone so I could call my son and ask if I had ruined my brakes. Barry said to just pray about it and I did and we made it down the mountain without any more problems. Thank God!! We stayed in Spartansburg, South Carolina and then got up on Tuesday morning and drove on into to Florida and went to Sis. Jana's house. Even though we had a couple days of rain, it was still a wonderful time. I enjoyed (GREATLY) just sitting out on the patio and reading my book and listening to the rain. On Wednesday morning, between the rain we went to St Augustine's "haunted" lighthouse. Jana, Krissy and Barry braved the climb to the top. Not me, I kept my feet firmly planted on the ground. Here they are when the finally made it to the top.


While they were up there, a bad storm cloud came in the we hightailed it back home. Sis. Jana has a good picture of what the cloud looked like. Hopefully, she'll share it with you. Since we were not able to go to church Wednesday night, we called Jimmy and he gave us the scriptures that was read at church. We all sit down with our bibles and read them together. Then we shared our favorite scriptures and read them out loud. Then we sang some songs. We had several good conversations and some fantastic fellowship. On Thursday, the sun came out and we went to St. Augustine and walked around the original town and the fort. We also met up with Sis. Dawn and her kids. Then afterwards we went to the beach. AWWWWW, warm!! I am extremely cold blooded and the sun felt so good to me. Friday, we went back out to the beaches and also played some putt putt golf. We'll they did, I pulled my back muscle and so I just inched along and watched. Then Bro. Tim took us all out for diner at an Italian restaurant to celebrate Barry and Krissy's first year anniversary. Then came Saturday morning. I couldn't sleep so I got the kids up and we were on the road home by 5:30 am. Sixteen hours later, we were finally home!! Ugh, I don't ever want to drive straight through again. If it's the Lord's will, I'll be flying back in July to spend a week and a half with Sis Jana and Bro. Tim. So here we are, back home in Indiana - - hum, sounds like a song!! And guess what, It snowed today. I will be so thankful when the temps go up and stay up. Love ya all!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh i'm so thankful the Lord gave you such a safe and wonderful trip and I'm glad you got a chance to see Brother Tim and Sister Jana it sounds like you were able to have a little church meeting of your own with them. That must have been such a sweet time! My hubby is going a for a week in Florida and He'd love to meet them.

Sis. Leah said...

I am glad that you had a safe and fun trip, but I am glad that you are back home now:D