Good morning everyone! It seems it takes me longer and longer to visit the different blogs. I usually do it on a Saturday morning. I loving reading every ones and seeing what's going on in your lives. It's snowing here today. I like to watch it. I also like to see it on the trees in the woods and I like to see it as a soft fluffy blanket on the yards. I love to go sledding. Yep, this ol' grandma loves to get out with the youngins and fly down the hills. But, I absolutely dread to see it on the sidewalks and the roads. I don't feel I have good control of the car when there is snow and/or ice.
One good thing about winter is it's Christmas time. I love Christmas. It's one of my favorite holidays. I know that December 25 is not our Lord's actually birthday, but it has been set aside to celebrate it. I wished I knew when it really was. Maybe then, Jesus would get the full glory of the holiday. Oh, probably not, the world has a way of making a religious holiday paganistic. But, anyhow, I love decorating with my many different nativity scenes. At school, I have my office, my conference room and the Media Center's conference room covered with nativities. Matter of fact, for a couple of years I did the main showcase. The first year, I made a daddy snowman and a mommy snowwoman holding a baby snowman. And I dressed them in biblical clothing. Up in the corner I placed a large bright yellow star. One of the teachers came to me and told me he appreciated my suttle way of bringing Jesus' birth into the school. The next year, I made a shepherd snowman looking up at the star of Bethlehem. It was a rear view of the snowman. He even had his staff. For a public school, I have always been blessed to be allowed to show my faith and my belief. I thank God for that. I also make paper 3-D snowflakes to add to the decorations. Plus I can leave the snowflakes up till the end of January. I guess you could say, I'm loving putting up the decorations, but I dread taking them down. Well, it's Saturday and that means laundry day for me - - - - - - Anyhow, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and week.
I just talked with Sis. Jackie, Bro. Loren, the elder at Gosport here in Indiana, is in grave condition. He truly needs the brethren prayers. His son is coming from Florida tomorrow to see him, but they don't know if Bro. Loren will last that long. He is swelling horribly bad. I would almost assume congestive heart failure. He's not eating but putting on a ton of weight. Please remember him and his family.
Love ya all
Sis. Frankie




3 comments:
I remember your first showcase....I liked it. Dad didn't get home till 3 in th morning this morning from visting Bro. Loren...
Hey, now I am on here and you are not.You probley already in bed for the night.LOL
That is so neat the your able to show your faith in the school you work at. That doesn't happen everywhere. Poor brother, I will pray for him. We lost a brother here a few months ago to congestive heart failure. My father also died from it 20 years ago. I was only 4 years old then, but i remember his feet and legs swelling up and he was always uncomfortable. I hope he doesn't suffer much and that the Lord calls him home soon or has mercy on him and heals him.
Post a Comment