Tuesday, June 9, 2009

More Cakes!!!

Yeah, I'm on summer vacation. I am so thankful for the job God has given me. I get so many different vacations and an 8 week vacation during the summer. I know that 21 years ago, God placed me where I am. He knew the future and knew that one day I would be working to take care of myself without Ralph. God is good!!!


Any how, I've been baking again. Here are my latest creations.


This is what I call the "turtle" cake



This one was for identical twin boy's first birthday. It's the "two peas in a pod" cake. Each of the boys had their own pea to dig into.

This is my tea cup cake. I made the cup and saucer out of gum paste.

I was very excited how it turned out.

My next cake will be for the end of June. I'm doing a wedding cake for one of the teachers I work with. It's a simple cake, but I could sure use some prayers.

Prayer request~ Our Bishop's wife, Sis. Martha is not doing very well at all. Her health has been failing more during the winter and now into summer. She is having a lot of trouble breathing. She has heart problems. Sis. Martha use to never miss a meeting or church activity. Now she is not able to come more then she is. I know that we're not promised tomorrow, but I do hope God will give her some ease.

6 comments:

~sis jana~ said...

I am SO loving your cakes!! You have been given a gift of creativity to be able to make those the way you do! TOO CUTE!! I'm excited about our new brother! I'll be praying for Sis. Martha. Love you! I can't wait to see you!!

Tiffany said...

I will remember to pray for you and Sis.Martha. The cakes are soooooo adorable!

Jules said...

All 3 of those cakes turned out AMAZING. You have got such a wonderful talent for that! My niece is taking cake making lessons in Colorado. I think that would be a lot of fun. But I always enjoy seeing your cakes, please keep posting them :)

Sis. Lori P. said...

You are so talented! I absolutely love that tea cup cake! We need you to come here to ORegon and make this for our Mother-Daughter Tea Party in August! <3 Our prayers will be for your dear friend and sister...

Anonymous said...

They're just beautiful! I'm with Lori, The Teacup Cake is my Favorite :) I'll surely add my prayers to my Sister's. I'm so thankful you get to see Sis. Jana!

Jackie said...

The tea cup cake is my favorite. I want to have one for the girls some day. Maybe a tea party birthday??!!