Thursday, July 3, 2008

That Crazy Cat's Hat!!!

Good Morning everyone - I decorate cakes as a hobby. This week one of the teachers I work with wanted a cake for her son's first birthday. She wanted a Cat in the Hat cake. Just the hat! I thought wow, this will be easy. She wanted a simple three tier cake that looks like that crazy cat's hat. Oh my, it was anything but easy. I would have rather done a wedding cake. Lord willing, I will never make another hat cake like this one again. Maybe in a sheet cake where I can make the images. I made and added the fish and bowl so that the little guy could at least have a happy birthday on his cake. I enjoy decorating cakes. But, I've got to figure out a way to do this one better. Below is my rendition of the Cat in the Hat - cat's hat Oh by the way, yes it is leaning, but that makes it look more like a that crazy cat's hat. lol Now it's my secret if I did that on purpose or if it just happened that way




7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wow! You are talented! Good job. I wish i could do that. Wonderful idea for a birthday cake too :)

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

Oooh thats so cool! I'm searching for a cake to make this month for my sis-in-law and two brothers...and I was going to try to make one that looks something like this one..

http://www.michellecakes.co.uk/img/port/large/turtle.jpg

But it looks so hard for my first time working with sugar paste, so I decided to keep searching.

What's the fish and fish bowl made out of?

Jackie said...

I think it is cute and I am sure that the child will love it!

Sis Stubby said...

I think the the Hat is leanning like you.LOL That is a good job.As always.

Aunt Sissy said...

you know that the cat in the hat hat's was crooked. I love it.

Shannon said...

That is great. I'm sure the little guy will love it.

Jules said...

Oh my goodness! You are VERY talented! I think it looks AWESOME!!!!! I'm sure that little boy LOVED it! That looks like a fun hobby to do :)